Friday 18 May 2012

This week

Hi all,

A very busy week for me this week where to begin.

I will start with being made the portfolio holder for finance, governance and support services. A huge responsibility in these times of austerity measures from the out of touch government. I hope I can protect the public from the massive cuts that have been deposited on us.

On another note I have had a few brief chats with people around the community transport idea. It looks to be a good project and I hope we will be able to achieve something for the residents. Sticking to the bus theme the new route that runs down lord street is so I am told getting busier. That can only be good news.

I have also become the broadband champion for north east lincolnshire. What a result. This has been another worthy project which has put me in touch with lost of residents across north east lincolnshire. What has that got to do with the west marsh I hear you cry well it put me in touch with a community group called one voice who are going through the charity upgrade process so they can hold funds greater that £5000 per year in their accounts. We need to do this at west marsh forward to so we can get our reaching communities bid in and get some big money into the ward. This will help towards the housing problems and kick start the recovery of the west marsh.

I had a ward walk this friday morning and talked to a few residents. A lot of them are disgruntled however after talking to them I think I managed to dispel some myths and engage properly with them. Lots of issues in the hour that I spent walking around the frederick street area. Mattresses in the street, shopping trolleys, bricks, pavement issues, upturned bins and the old favourite pot holes. I will be writing a report to the street cleaners first thing monday morning.

Councillor Darren Billard

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2

No comments:

Post a Comment